Thread: Prayer Request Nzoner [and the Mrs]
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2021, 08:51 PM   #241
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzoner View Post
None and I hate to admit it but I hadn't seen a doc in over two years.I made this bed and have no one or nothing to point a finger at other than the man in the mirror.
Back in 2008, I just had my first child, so my parents were out visiting. My Dad and I were on a 4 mile walk in the neighborhood when I asked, "When was the last time you'd had a checkup?". He responded "20+ years". He'd been a heavy smoker from age 14 to around age 45 and he was 65 when we had the conversation. I said to him, "I want you to promise me that you'll see a doctor when you get home. I want my child to grow up with a grandfather. I mean it, Dad!".

A few weeks later, he had a physical, then that doctor sent him to a cardiologist because of his history. My Mom calls me and this is no joke: "Dad just got done at the doctor. He's fine. You know your Dad, he's big and strong. Oh, hold on a second (she flips to the other line). That was the cardiologist. Your Dad needs angioplasty and he's scheduled for Monday". Once the doctors got in there, they found that three of his arteries were 99% clogged with the 4th 50% clogged!

13 years later, he's still strong as an ox and perfectly fine, with the help of blood pressure and cholesterol meds. So, my only advice is to follow your doctor's orders to a "T" and start taking care of your body.

Best of luck and here's to a long, happy life!

DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote