View Single Post
Old 05-11-2021, 03:38 PM   #1047
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Octopodes View Post
Yeah that's so weird how it's so consistent, right? That professional refs with direct guidance from the NFL on what to call and what not to call would consistently call fewer penalties on certain players and organizations, when the fans think they should call more?

It's almost like those players or organizations are demonstrably better at both following the guidance issued by the NFL, and also pointing out the violations of their opponents. Like, there are those who specifically study that guidance and take actions in order to ensure they get the outcome they want with the refs. I know, it's an insane conspiracy theory, but doesn't it seem that way sometimes?

BTW who would have guessed that the thread re: Aaron Rodgers and the Packers would devolve into folks talking about Tom Brady and claiming the NFL is rigged because they don't always get the outcome they want? It's so... surprising
Stop using the word 'rigged,' you deflect and minimize what is actually being discussed here. That's what guys like you keep doing. It's a cheap word and not what most of us are implying. I've seen it in hundreds of games that have nothing to do with the Chiefs so getting the results I want has no influence on my opinion here.

Even if what you're saying is true, you don't think every damn organization in the league isn't sending film to the league office week after week trying to get them to call things in their favor? So why does the league pick and choose who they want to listen to in this regard?

What you're suggesting actually does nothing but lend credence to the theory many of us are throwing out; the league decides based on *whatever they see fit* what to call and when to call it, and on whom.

It's actually not that radical of an idea when you stop throwing out buzzwords like 'rigged' and 'conspiracy.' It's so painstakingly obvious when it starts occurring within a game that I honestly can't believe people are still so defensive about it.
Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.