Thread: Chiefs Eric Fisher to the Colts
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2021, 02:33 PM   #151
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven View Post
When the UFL (United Football League) started like 10 years ago (and ended almost immediately) they had like 5 teams, brought in some has beens like Jeff Garcia (the Omaha Nighthawks quarterback) but there were some young guys that were trying to make NFL rosters.

The problem was, they played in the fall, so they competed against HS, College and the NFL. Idiots. I think if they would have partnered with the NFL, they could have had a Spring Football "feeder league" like NFL Europe and we could have had football year around. Get some smaller markets like Omaha, Savannah, Tucson, whatever, and get together like 12 teams for NFL teams to send players to, and cut their teeth that way. I dunno, I think it could work.
Those secondary markets can't sustain it for whatever reason. AAA baseball does fine in a place like Des Moines but they couldn't keep an AFL team despite championship appearances and the rise of Kurt Warner. They eventually went AF2 and even that was a struggle.

Football just doesn't do well in the minors, for some reason.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.