View Single Post
Old 05-11-2021, 08:33 AM   #967
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief View Post
It actually amazes me that there are full grown, successful adults who have been watching this sport for 30+ years and haven't figured this out yet.
I think it's clear that certain games are manipulated to give certain players/markets a boost, but I think people go way too far with this. I don't see every game being scripted and predetermined. The WWE comparisons are ridiculous.

In a lot of cases, I think it's the Jordan treatment. They've turned Brady into a much bigger star than he ever had a right to be. When comparing his big game penalty totals to those of other QBs, it's undeniable.

In other cases, I think it's typically about maintaining a TV audience, with no real preference for a winner. We've seen it plenty of times in recent years. Flurry of penalties after KC takes a 21-0 lead on Pitt until suddenly the game's tied. Then officiating evens out. The Houston game a few years back, etc etc.
RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote