Thread: Chiefs Eric Fisher to the Colts
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2021, 06:51 AM   #7
Supporter

Good for Fish. I’m a fisher fan even though like most of the rest of us I was like the angry guy in the GIF (who we all think was milkman RIP). But turned out to be a good player and a good pick in that garbage draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
I've never seen a guy get his dick sucked so much by the media for doing so little.

He drafted Darius Leonard. And a really awesome OG, but he needed to burn the 6th overall pick to get him. And that's about it.

Great job, Chris! Want a damn cookie?

Hitting on a couple draft picks doesn't make you an elite GM (particularly for positions that are harder to go bust on than others). Has he created a bank within his own salary cap structure where cash can be "withdrawn" through contract restructures? Has he devised the most creative and awesome contract for his QB the league has ever seen? Has he ever completely renovated an entire position group in the course of just 3 months of an offseason not once but TWICE?

He's absolutely the ultimate Carl. Dane is right. He'll get you a playoff team, but he's never going to make the moves that will put them over the top.
Ultimately I think Ballard is a “value” guy. He’s not going to overpay.

Well guess what, sometimes overpaying is ****ing worth it. I’ve preached forever production per unit salary cap. But on the aggregate you need to pay a team that will make the necessary plays to win. Sure if you have a guy that can make 75% of the plays a star can at 40% salary cap dollars that’s a good value. It is. But if you have no one on the roster that can make the other 25% of the plays, you’re mediocre.

The strict value thing only works if you can get playmakers somewhere at a value. Belicheat did it for years because He fell ass backwards into an elite QB. But pick like Belicheat and you’ll be out of a job in 3 years.

And to be fair they may have done it in Wentz. It it turns out it was all Pedersens fault, Ballard will have knocked a home run. But that seems .... unlikely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post
Indy lucks into getting Luck with the first overall draft pick in 2012 after Manning's injury... transitioning from one franchise QB to another... while the Chiefs do their usual "Because the Chiefs" and get the first overall draft pick a year later in arguably the weakest first round draft in modern history, taking Fisher #1 overall.

And fast forward about a decade later and the Chiefs are set with Mahomes/OBJ at left tackle, while the Colts are attempting a Wentz/Fisher broke dick combination.

Karma.
Wrong. Karma would be Irsay sells their Lombardi all their players and staff for drug money and Lucas Oil Stadium is a crackhouse for the foreseeable future. Then after Irsay gets shanked because he blew all his money on drugs the NFL doesn’t put another franchise in the city.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote