Thread: Home and Auto The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2021, 06:55 PM   #2451
Resident Glue Sniffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleychief View Post
I'm planning a ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway in early June. We are leaving KC, going to a wedding in Hermann, and from there want to take a couple of weeks and spend some time in the hills. Has anyone done a similar trip?

I want to hit up some distilleries along the way, so planning on going to Buffalo Trace in Frankfurt, then shooting over to the northern end of the parkway (either via Staunton or Lexington VA) and working my way south and then back to KC. I'd like to see Ashville, NC and ride the Tail of the Dragon on the way back.

I've got a rough idea of how the days are going to split out. I'll have the misses with me riding 2up, so not sure how much endurance she's going to have. I'm hoping to keep it light (under 300 miles a day). Are there any places that I should definitely see or skip along the way? I'm thinking of doing all interstate from St. Louis to Lexington VA, unless there's something fantastic along the way.

My current itinerary is something like:
Day 0: Kansas City to Hermann -> 188 miles
Day 1: Hermann, MO to Evansville, IN -> 244 miles
Day 2: Evansville, IN to Morehead, KY -> 258 miles
Day 3: Morehead, KY to Staunton, VA -> 332 miles

Day 4-9: Blue Ridge Pkwy to Ashville, NC -> ~500 miles

Day 10: Ashville, NC to Chattanooga, TN -> 230 miles (via Deals Gap)
Day 11: Chattanooga, TN to Memphis, TN -> 316 miles
Day 12: Memphis, TN to Eureka Springs, AR -> 288 miles
Day 13: Eureka Springs, AR to Kansas city, MO -> 228 miles
I've never done a big 'ol trip like that. I've always wanted to. That sounds like an awesome run. I'll probably never be able to. hell, I've been trying to get a pretty direct shot to and from the Tail of the Dragon (and a day or two in the area) for like 8 years. Seems like shit always happens and I'm not able to.

and remember..pics or it didn't happen.
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.