View Single Post
Old 04-05-2021, 04:51 PM   #109
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosbonian View Post
Let me introduce myself....I am actually enjoying FATWS so it isn't a stinker to everyone.

I see it differently than you or Clay or some of the others here who have basically given it a thumbs down.

The fun thing....we all have different tastes and thus far Marvel has thrown together something for everyone.

Count me as one who thought WandaVison was good but way too out there for me.
In terms of subject matter/area, going clear back to when I was reading the actual comics, I always preferred the 'normies with powers' vein to the cosmic and supernatural vein. I mean, it's all out there in terms of realism, but I'd rather deal with the travails of a regular Joe/Jane dealing with what 'science' has given them in terms of strength and durability [Wolverine, Hulk, Spiderman] than Harry Potter hocus pocus [Wanda, Dr. Strange, all the Gods and elementals and watchers and all that intergalactic immortal magical stuff]

So in that sense, FatWS is solidly more in my wheelhouse than WandaVision.

But in terms of execution, WandaVision committed to an innovative narrative and delivered. FatWS is [to this point] boilerplate old-fashioned action serial.

I think there's merit to speculation that the early going has been severely hampered due to excising a virus/vaccine storyline. You can see the hints of it and the cuts to deleted scene here and there. Who knows how much sticking with the full outline might have helped the narrative flow.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote