Thread: Movies and TV Mind-blowing actor crossovers
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2021, 07:21 PM   #76
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
Frazod, were you scared shitless during your first storm
Nah. It's more annoying than scary. You have to tie everything down, and the stuff that you can't tie down slips and slides all over the place. Eating was a real adventure in high seas. As well as walking around. And of course when you're in a storm for several days people start getting really sick, so there's puke, and the smell of puke, everywhere. Imagine eating lunch when the guy sitting next to you suddenly hurls, and then five or six other people see it/smell it and blow chunks as well. Not fun. The North Atlantic was the worst. We made a crossing from Spain to Virginia in mid-fall once and were in nasty, heavy seas for a week. I never got sick, but I was on the verge when it finally broke. At that point about 90% of the crew was affected.

I guess there was one time that was scary. We hit a freak trough in the middle of the night and took a roll that just kept going and going; far beyond normal. We were in calm seas at the time, so nothing was tied down. So not only did shit fly all over the place, but some stuff that was welded in place actually broke loose. What a mess that was. Lots of broken equipment and some injuries. Found out later that we were only a couple of degrees away from capsizing.

Check this out, starting about the 1:40 mark.

Last edited by Frazod; 03-17-2021 at 07:35 PM..
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.