View Single Post
Old 03-10-2021, 10:01 AM   #6
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD10367 View Post
I have a feeling that footage is slightly sped up but that's still some precise flying. I also get the feeling that they've improved the optics to the point that it's probably a lot smaller drone than expected. You can do some cool stuff with a drone. This is almost seven years old and still impresses.

On the mountain biking one, I listened to the rider talk about the experience. The problem they had is that they were using a GoPro (not sure if that's standard) on the drone to record. He said the gopro battery had to be so light that it didn't stay charged for long... so they were having to basically change the battery after every take/run on a given stage.

He also said it was amazing working with the pilot. Basically, he would show the pilot the run he was going to take. The pilot would take the run really slow and make all his moves. Then he would do it again at speed while filming. The rider and the pilot would watch it together, and the rider would tell the pilot "I think you're too fast here, I'll be going slower than that" and "I'm going to have to pause here before I hit that rock roll." Then they would make the run. He said it was often just a single take, but sometimes took a 2-3 to get it right.

The rider said the drone was less than a meter from him at times, and he could feel the wind from the prop blades at times.
NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.