View Single Post
Old 03-05-2021, 09:54 AM   #367
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJKCFAN View Post
Oh he definitely was and yes G2 ALCS working out of that jam against the Jays is criminally overlooked - he kept them in that game to enable the comeback to be possible. As an aside, G2 2015 ALCS might be the most underrated great Royals win from that postseason. That was unbelievable!
Completely agreed. I’m also a bit partial to that game, as it was the 2015 postseason game I was able to attend. Prices crashed from $400+ to $100 the morning of the game and I cancelled a required university exam I needed to take and went with my friends spur of the moment. Will forever remember being in a stairwell with 20+ other royals fans by the HOF during the comeback and the mass group hugs that followed. Agreed about Hoch’s dominance in 2013, too. He seemed to be finally finding his role on the team.

Quote:
Still if hindsight is 20-20 and Hochevar is not hurt at all and Royals still put Wade in pen regardless, boy what I would give to get us back to G4 WS with 4-1 lead T4, PH for Vargas and just let it ride with Luke and then onto HDH for 18 outs and get a stranglehold on that series and close them out in 6 at the K....
I tell myself at the very least that Ned seemed to learn from not managing 2014 G4 like a Game 7. Flash forward to G4 in 2015 and Ned was much more aggressive to pull Young (who hadn’t run into the trouble Vargas had) to get to the Royals bullpen early. Despite the Royals being down, it always felt good to be in a bullpen battle with the 2015 Royals pen if you were only down by a run or two.

Last edited by Chiefspants; 03-05-2021 at 12:58 PM..
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.