View Single Post
Old 03-01-2021, 01:38 PM   #60
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
I was on him 4-5 months ago so I've watched him a ton and love him but... while he's a good route runner, most of his ability to separate in college came from his athleticism much more so than pure route-running ability. That said, when he does crisp up his routes, he'll be just that much more dangerous. There are plenty of other very good route runners in this draft though and I'd, as examples, put Rashod Bateman and Dyami Brown very high on that list.

As for Mecole, I never supported the pick. In fact, I disliked it very much and that was one of the reasons. I've supported him as a player and he's certainly a more than functional slot guy, but he can't ever be more than he is. He can't be the heir to Watkins, much less Tyreek (the thought at the time), and never showed that kind of pure ability. Several receivers in this draft show a lot more ability than Mecole to play inside or out and run good routes. They may not run 4.33 but most of them will be 4.45 and that's plenty so long as they are actually creating separation at the stem.
We aren't getting Bateman.

Dyami Brown is meh. He can play and be a suitable #2. The analytics guys love him but I see a guy who delays routes to stutter step open. That won't fly at the next level. Weak at catch point.

Maybe he can be a Gabe Davis but I still think Davis is overrated.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.