View Single Post
Old 02-25-2021, 07:21 PM   #291
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch View Post
The current deal is up in December. Both sides claim they’re already working on a new deal. But again: it’s all moot w/o knowing the resolution to COVID.

MLB said 2019 revenue was 39% local gate and other in-park sources, followed by 25% central revenue, 22% local media, 11% sponsorship and 4% other.

No fans = 39% of lost revenue for the industry. There’s just no way to get a LT deal with this overhang. Last year with no fans the players took something like 85% of all revenue even with prorated salaries by one estimate.

That math doesn’t add up to me.

The players took prorated salaries. In a normal year their take of revenue is estimated to be at around 45-50 percent.

I don’t believe anything MLB owners say about their books.

Here’s a good Fangraphs article that breaks it down:

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/what-the...osses-in-2020/
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.