Thread: Life The bee keeper diaries
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2021, 10:23 AM   #429
Supporter

My horizontal hive had me nervous going into winter, but it looked good yesterday. I'll add another winter patty to it this weekend but overall it seems good so far.

My design has an issue that I'll try to resolve this spring. The lid sits down too tight/close to the layer of boards I put on top of the frames. There isn't really room to feed or insulate.

My thought is to add a 2-3" spacer on top this spring. If I build another one, I'll make the hinged lid this time just to make it easier.
Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote