Thread: Movies and TV CBS: Star Trek
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2021, 05:25 PM   #764
On one quarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
1. Doomsday Machine and it's not even close. Not only my favorite from the original series, but my reigning favorite of all Star Trek. Loved before it got the CGI overall. Now it's amazing. William Windom was fantastic as the broken, obsessed Commodore Decker. I'll never forget the first time I saw it, when I was a little kid (not old enough to remember it when it first aired, but saw the first round of syndicated reruns in the early 70s). At that point I was too young and naive to realize that the star of the show couldn't be killed, and when Kirk was on the Constellation after setting the self-destruct and the transporter was broken, I completely lost my shit. That was great. Woke mom up yelling at the TV. She was pissed.

Rounding out the top five:

2. Balance of Terror
3. City on the Edge of Forever
4. Mirror, Mirror
5. Day of the Dove
I always loved Shore Leave. But it made me wonder what was up with Sulu. He got attacked by a hostile warring-states-era samurai and got strafed by a A6M Zero. its as if Sulu was obsessed with the former glory of Japan. and then I realized that if I were in his place, the exact same thing would happen.
Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.