View Single Post
Old 02-13-2021, 12:41 AM   #170
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson8 View Post
A lot of it is just a guess right now. Maybe Hanser Alberto or Kelvin Gutierrez come in to spring training and really play well at 3B and hit really well, that might create an opportunity for Hunter Dozier in Right Field.

We shall see, but I am looking forward to the season.

I hope to go to spring training and to watch some games.

I’m interested to see how spring training works out. The Royals aren’t known to rush players anymore. Olivares does have an advantage by playing last season & doing well.

The Royals made a mistake in 2019 by going with a free agent Billy Hamilton for the starting CF job over Brian Goodwin, who was acquired mid-season in 2018, much like Olivares in 2020. Olivares is faster, younger, and strikes out much less than Goodwin. In addition, he has the potential to be a much better defensive player than Goodwin as well (not to mention less injury-prone). And thus, if the Royals front office made a mistake with Goodwin, they could be making an even bigger error if they overlook Olivares when they report to camp in Surprise.

It will be interesting to see how Moore and Matheny will handle Olivares this spring, and if he will be given the opportunity to earn the starting job for 2021.

I hope they decide to go with a young guy. Merrifield at 2B is my preferred choice instead of RF.
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote