Thread: Movies and TV Star Wars: The Mandalorian
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2021, 07:36 AM   #1658
Supporter

The poem itself is a rhetorical summation of a perspective.
I disagree with the notion that applying that perspective in novel situations is a 'bastardization,' certainly if it's based on the identity of the people applying it rather than the merit of the application.
And even if it is, whatever subjective gravity and consequence you grant 'bastardization,' labeling it 'dumbest victim ideology' can't help but rebound on the original summation encapsulated in the poem itself.

I get that you disagree with her being fired, and I appreciate it, but I disagree with the hyperbolic characterization of the nature of her posts, particularly as it seems more on your inferences regarding the identity of people being championed by her posts than the merits of the observations themselves.

____

Truth be told, I have and have long had severe reservations about the entire industry of short homilies like the poem in question being transformed into some universal mandate. In the case of the sentiments of the poem I've always silently wondered 'what if they "come for" someone for good reason?' Or 'what if what you call 'coming for' is just criticism or rebuke?' I know people on the other side understand this conundrum, because they make the same arguments that 'cancel culture is just consequences,' and 'free speech doesn't mean freedom from consequence.' But they seem to dogmatically apply these 'lessons' when it's what they want to do anyway, and disregard them without compunction when they don't care or even support the consequences.

Last edited by Baby Lee; 02-11-2021 at 07:42 AM..
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote