View Single Post
Old 02-03-2021, 10:35 AM   #164
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockChalk View Post
Maybe a stupid question, so feel free to roast if warranted.

I've started calorie tracking via the My Fitness Pal app. Hate doing this, but since parenthood hit, I've only really been able to exercise enough to just maintain my current weight of 205 (I'm 6'1''). Decided I wanted to get down to 190 by continuing my same exercise regimen but changing my diet up a bit, particularly with calorie counting.

My question is do I "accrue" calories unused each day so that I have an effective balance at the end of each week? Let's say my daily calorie goal is 2,000 and I only put in 1,800, giving me 200 remaining. If I do that daily Monday-Friday, does that give me an extra 1,000 calories to play with (drink bourbon) on Saturday?

I realize that's probably a stupid question to some of you, but I've had mixed opinions from research online and questions to friends, so I thought I'd see what you all think.
In general, yes... and in theory, if you don't go crazy on the weekends, you won't completely sabotage what you've done during the week, but of course may be looking at being closer to breaking even than making progress.

I'm closer to doing something like that right now, because I want the general diet and exercise habits to last forever, as opposed to the past where I'd go cold turkey on alcohol and what not, just to slide back into old habits.

That said, just keep in mind that a deficit of 500/week would take 7 weeks to lose one pound, and probably not where you'd notice over just a matter of weeks... not that it's a bad strategy, as it's probably far more sustainable for the long term.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote