View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 12:07 PM   #156
In Search of a Life

Man... these threads are a blast from the past.

Wife and I generally work out 5 mornings a week.

MWF: CrossFit style HIIT weights, plyo, etc..
Tuesday: RPM Cycling
Thursday: I was using this as my heavy lift day, but the wife talked me into pilates. I've actually really been enjoying it, and it feels good on my old man joints and muscles.

I also ride bikes like... a lot. Not quite as much currently because I don't have time before it gets dark after work, but when daylight savings is over, I ride most nights after work with my youngest. I also ride on weekends.

I would like to work more heavy lifting (deadlifts, mainly because they're very effective for the type of riding I do) into my routine, but I struggle to find the time. Would also look to build in some yoga... but it's the same. Hard to find the time without cutting into my bike riding.

Have an enduro race coming up in a couple of weeks, so we'll see how fit I'm feeling. I'm not usually competitive in my class, but maybe this is my year, hah.

Wife and I also still regularly do IF, which we've been doing for like a decade now, I believe. Gets harder and harder to maintain physique as I approach 50, but still trying.
NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.