View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 12:47 PM   #123
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
Sorry man, I shouldn't have said "dumb". You know full well what I think of you and your opinions. Much respect here and you know that.

OT is the same position it was before the injury. Most of the guys that could replace Eric Fisher right away are going top 10-15. We have no realistic or practical shot at those guys.

So we're sitting at #32, just like we always were, and there's guys available that were available before the injury. They're either worth #32 or they're not. Fisher's injury doesn't change our draft board at all.

Unless you're going to panic and take an OT at #32 that wasn't on the list prior to Fisher's injury. That would be a bad move, period.
dumb sounded a little harsh and I took some offense. But I was undercaffeinated, so it's probably my fault.

I think you're right of course that guys you could expect to replace a healthy Fisher on day one with little to no drop off are certainly going top ten.

Problem is, nobody in the NFL is going to trade a guy like that for even a #32 because then they'd be in the same situation. So you can pay top dollar for one in FA, or you can draft a guy that you hope can be serviceable to begin with, learn fast, and get to Fisher's level quickly. I think a kid like Jalen Mayfield has all the tools, but only two years of playing. I think if he had one more year in college, he'd be a top ten pick. If we were to nab him, we'd have to hope we could coach him up and speed up that process. It's not ideal, but I don't know what better option there is.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.