View Single Post
Old 01-24-2021, 05:33 AM   #15
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around what Free Agency, or well, any aspect of contract negotiations other than slotted rookies will look like if the cap backs up. You'd think that the demand and subsequent salaries would decline proportionately to the cap.

But I doubt that. Some teams have cap space even with projected declines, and, well, agents are good at their jobs. I'm guessing there will be surprisingly high contracts for some dudes, and there will be bargains. I was surprised at the contracts the last 2 centers got in FA. But I can't imagine any GM would look at a 5 minute highlight reel of the Chiefs and jump up and down wanting guys from our line. Who knows.

The list of Centers also hitting free agency is pretty long. Might be a FA bargain in there somewhere. I don't know much about the guys, but Reid might be able to mine some gold.

https://overthecap.com/position/center/
I am still not sure I know what is happening with the cap. I saw one story about it going down to 175m, then another saying the league would lock it at its current level to spread the loss over multiple years to make it easier to manage.

The speculation I heard on a podcast was that there wouldn't be many big FA deals this off season, players would take 1 year deals hoping to secure big deals the year after when some normalcy has hopefully returned.

Any which way, 11m per for Reiter just seems insane.
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli