View Single Post
Old 01-03-2021, 02:05 PM   #15921
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Nah. It was still tough. Flavor was still ham (which I’m meh on). Could barely taste anything pineapple so I didn’t wash the flavor out. I drank a gallon of water that night so I it was still salty anyway. LOL

It was just still pretty tough. That’s why I’m thinking I didn’t cook it long enough.
Most of the hams you buy in a supermarket are City Hams. They are wet brined a faster curing process and can be overly salty if not soaked for 24 to 72 hours prior to cooking or warming. If pressed for time can boil the saline out but changes the texture.

Country Hams my favorite is dry cured and slow smoked over a long period. It has a more smokey flavor and generally even saltier. You slice it off the bone and soak or boil if you cant stand the salty flavor. It makes the best ham salad samitches. Country hams are the ham shanks you will see around xmas or easter wrapped in burlap or cheesecloth.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.