View Single Post
Old 01-02-2021, 09:59 PM   #15896
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
I cooked a ham yesterday and it was meh. I’m going to have to figure out what I’m doing wrong. I put pineapple juice and chunk pineapples in the bottom and toothpicked pineapple rings on it and put it in for 15/lb.

It was so meh I didn’t even keep the hock for ham and beans.

Blech.
Make your own glaze. Typically a mixture of pineapple, cherry and pear juice with brown sugar mixed in works well. You can toothpick pineapple rings and cherries to it, but imo it really doesn't do much.

Be sure to score a ham prior to glazing and baste every 15mins till pulled. I never really went to much off of times. The ham is already cooked when you get it so you are not doing much beyond reheating and adding a sweet glaze on the exterior. I usually judge when to pull when I felt enough marrow has oozed out to my liking.
Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.