View Single Post
Old 01-02-2021, 02:20 PM   #15888
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
I don't have a sous vide, but I'll try to reproduce something like that.
You don't need one. All you need is an ice chest that will hold at least 4-5 gallons of water and an instant read thermometer.

Heat 4-5 gallons of water to 145 degrees (up to 150), and pour into ice chest. Place bagged ham in water. Close ice chest lid, and wait about 3 hours. Stir water for about 30 seconds every hour. For a typical ice chest, it will lose about 1 degree of heat per hour, so by the time 3 hours is up, the water bath should be about 140 degrees, which is the ideal temp for a ham (the water will lose another 2-3 degrees from the mass of the ham).

I hang my meats in the water bath, so a bit of paracord or butcher's twine strung across the top of the ice chest, with a couple clips or something to hang the bagged ham from will do, but it's not absolutely necessary; you can simply turn the ham over after stirring the water. Though attaching some kind of string to the bag is a good idea so you can get the ham out without burning your hands trying to reach in and grab the bag.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote