View Single Post
Old 12-29-2020, 09:24 PM   #6504
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Pessemistic.

People have been saying since 2012 that the market was going to make a correction.

People have been saying since 2016 that the market was going to make a huge correction.

Had you been conservative all these years, you'd have missed some HUGE gains.

Asset allocation is real though. Bonds currently carry little weight so it depends how you have your money divided. If you have decades to retirement, you should be mostly in equities (index/mutual funds for most).
That is my observation as well. They constantly predict doom and gloom and they will eventually be right. However, on the upside they seem to be wrong far more often than they are right.

I am definitely equity heavy right now. I struggle with bonds with our historically low rates knowing that they face value will drop when rates eventually rise. I need to rebalance soon but I am struggling with the idea of more bonds. I probably need to just do it.
Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.