View Single Post
Old 12-29-2020, 09:19 PM   #6503
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
I think 3% after inflation is a pretty historic number.

May not be applicable these days because I’m sure that number was negative with the huge inflation in the 70s. Plus most of these outfits have traditionally moved to bonds which right now are returning ass. So it might be closer than you think over a lifetime following traditional rules.

I’d tend to be more conservative for retirement. Fools don’t need to be running out.
Thanks that is helpful!

I agree with being conservative as well. I am about 10 years from retirement and I am fortunate that I will not need to touch any of these funds for at least another 10 years after that (effectively giving me about 20 years for more growth).
Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.