View Single Post
Old 12-28-2020, 01:17 PM   #15874
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
Now that I'm back with a full kitchen and so much cookware, I've been cooking up a storm.

Two nights ago I went with (4) thin boneless porkchops fried on the stove and steamed baby bok choy.

Last night I did an appetizer of roasted rep peppers, smoked Tuscan salami, fresh buffalo mozzarella and cherub tomatoes. (Forgot to take photos)

I did a Chianti Classico wine.

For the main I did a salad of Spring Mix with added radishes, Steamfresh veggies of white and gold corn, asparagus and carrots plus the star of the show, a ribeye. Paid $9.85 for it at Walmart as they knock $5 off since it was nearing X date. Was about 1.4 pounds and 1 1/4" think

I cooked it in my cast iron Lodge pan that cost me like $19 at Target. Seared it on the stove for 3 minutes a side and then stuck it in a 500 degree oven for about another 12. When done in oven I put it back on the stove without turning on the burner and used the residual heat to baste it in butter, garlic, olive oil and black pepper mix.

Very happy and every piece was edible! Not a single tough piece of grizzle.

My only improvements would be adding a starch for dinner like a potato or noodles and maybe cook the steak 1-2 minutes less.

Photos
Looks tasty Sho. I've picked up KC Strips from wally world before and was pleasantly surprised.

I wonder if its still Argentine beef. I remember it was a controversy years ago that they imported beef from Argentina from 20/20 or some news program like that. The thing is Argentine beef had way stricter standards than USDA.

Last edited by srvy; 12-28-2020 at 01:23 PM..
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.