Thread: Movies and TV *The NEW Movies Thread*
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2020, 09:28 PM   #3508
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
I don't know when the change came, but at some point black people in entertainment started trying to be as IN YOUR FACE with their blackness as they possible could, for god knows what reason.

I grew up with Eddie Murphy, Bill Cosby, Chris Rock, Avery Brooks, Billy Dee Williams, Levar Burton and Carl Weathers in leading or high-profile supporting roles and nothing seemed off.

At some point there was a shift and black people started using their platforms to beat white people over the head with bludgeons of shame.

And I actually liked GET OUT, but enough is enough.

I'm looking forward to the pundits declaring C2A something that has "set back black culture in America by 50 years."

Uncle Eddie!
It's not just black entertainment, there seems to be a rejection of nuance.

Nothing can just exist and let you figure the 'lesson' out.

You can't have a gay character who just exists in the narrative. You have to have a GAY CHARACTER whose gay angst is central to the narrative.

You can't have a female action star [cough, Beatrix Kiddo], you have to have 'GIRLS GET IT DONE!!' montage in your Avengers.

Everything has to check a box, then tell the audience they checked the box, then celebrate the checking of the box.

I blame Bennetton.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote