Thread: Movies and TV CBS: Star Trek
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2020, 01:41 PM   #677
BAMF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider View Post
I think it would be a hell of a lot better without Burnham. I didn't mind her character as much in previous seasons, but she is incredibly annoying thus far. The whole "I know better than everyone" has always been there, but has been amped up to 15 in season 3. I think I've made it to episode 7, but only by sheer perseverance.
I could swallow her attitude if she had been there for more than a year before Discovery arrived. If they had said she'd been waiting 5 years I could maybe buy it. By that time she would have learned enough that she really would know better than everyone, and her personal goals, interests, mores, and morals would have had enough time to credibly evolve.

She could have grown impatient by that time, and once the crew arrives she wouldn't want to waste her time on nicities and glad-handed blow jobs. She'd be a dick and get them up to speed as quickly as possible. Her character could have more believably straddled two worlds and two lives and thus created more believable internal and external strife. Hell, she didn't even get laid in that year waiting on Discovery, or at least that appears to be the implication when she and Book share a kiss on screen. You have to let enough time pass for her to get some true STRANGE strange.

Last edited by bowener; 12-17-2020 at 02:49 PM..
bowener has disabled reputation