View Single Post
Old 12-10-2020, 01:11 PM   #29701
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
You'd have to post them. I'm not even sure what "accuracy" is and how it's gauged so it's difficult to debate.

But Rodgers in 2011 threw for more yards and TDs per attempt than Mahomey this year. He had a higher Y/A, NY/A and ANY/A as well.

Of course, Mahomes shits on him in INT% and sacks taken, but given the fact that Rodgers was statistically more efficient and ended up sitting out games that year, I think it's hard to argue against it. That was the year they sat Rodgers week 17 and Matt Flynn threw nearly 500 yards and 6 TDs. In an alternate universe where they didn't sit A Rod, he probably goes over 50 TDs and 5,000 yards with just 6 or 7 INTs.
The original article/analysis is behind the paywall at the Athletic. If you have a sub, it’s here: https://theathletic.com/2238258/2020...b-this-season/

Not wanting to copy/paste full premium material, below are the summary comparison charts (hoping my attempt to embed works)...

Rodgers 2011:

Mahomes 2018:

Mahomes 2020 (through first 7 games only):

Edit: and again, without copying/pasting Seths premium content, his use of “accuracy” is essentially completion % + non-completions % that should have been caught (ie receiver-at-fault drops). Seth describes it as a metric measuring how well a QB is playing within the offense, or rather making and executing on good reads.

Last edited by Kellerfox; 12-10-2020 at 01:18 PM..
Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.