View Single Post
Old 12-09-2020, 10:44 AM   #68
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Sounds like you may be going a little stir crazy, but in an entertaining way.

I haven't seen Sixteen Candles or Porky's forever. Talk about two movies that could absolutely never be made today. I have a particular soft spot for Porky's; I saw it seated in the balcony at the local theater with the prettiest girl I dated (albeit far too briefly) in high school. The balcony usher and I intensely disliked each other, and the look of sneering contempt and jealously he had on his face as we passed him still puts a smile on my face nearly 40 years later. I rounded third for the first time later that night as well. Definitely one of my better days.
Hahaha. Porkys is currently on Amazon Prime video. I actually tried watching it a few months ago. It’s pretty bad and dated. Could never be made today. Feminists would be outraged

It’s funny how we kids of the 80s basically grew up on R rated movies. And of course I did my best to shelter my kids from stuff like that. LOL

Sixteen Candles is still decent but it has become problematic because of implied date rape and bad Asian stereotypes.

Last edited by Deberg_1990; 12-09-2020 at 11:23 AM..
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.