Thread: Other Sports Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2020, 12:34 PM   #3932
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randallflagg View Post
Well, you have to take into consideration that the .45 was as near and dear to me as was my M16 - all through Viet Nam and after I became a CI Officer, I carried the .45 throughout Europe - unit the damned DoD took them away from us. As soon as I retired, I bought another .45 (the one I had in Viet Nam hangs on my wall in a case never to be fired again, and it shows its' years).

Through the years I haven made it a habit to fire both the 1911 and the P220 on a regular basis. (1) I love the feel of the .45 recoil and (2) At my age if I don't keep current on my practice, I'm liable to lose my ability. Can't have that now! I WILL admit, however, that I find it incredibly hard to EDC the 1911 OR the P220. Just too damned heavy for me. My pistol of choice for EDC is the P365. LOVE that little fella!!
Among other things, when all this bullshit settles down, I will move back into the .45 platform. I only went 9mm this last time to save some cash because I knew my sons would be training on whatever I bought.

And I agree, while I shoot 9mm and 30-06 today, my heart is still with .45 and .308. But the .308 may have to wait even longer now that I've discovered .270.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.