View Single Post
Old 11-14-2020, 05:44 PM   #113
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeaTy The Pimp View Post
I think if you are going to compare them, compare the same number of years. Tony Gonzalez has played for a lot longer than Kelce.

Looking at 'like' stats: (Kelce has been in the league for eight years including this year so I am only going to look at Gonzalez's first eight years. These numbers include playoffs as well)

Gonzalez:

Receptions: 600

Yards: 7191

TDs: 58

Kelce:

Receptions: 617

Yards: 7866

TDs: 49

Superbowls: 1

Gonzo still had more TDs, but Kelce killed him in yardage. Kelce also has a Superbowl ring.
When people use the word "ever" you have to look at the totality of a players career.

If you choose to compare the players through the same number of games, you can't say best ever. You can say player z has been better than player y through x number of games.

Or you can say player z is on pace to surpass player y's career stats, or that player z is on pace to become the best ever.

But using the comparison through the same number of games has no correlation to who is actually the best player at that position in NFL history.

Right now all those stats I listed for TG are FACTS.

Projecting Kelce's stats based on his current pace, times the length of Gonzalez's career, is just SPECULATION

I would love for Kelce to play as long as TG did, and I would love to crown Kelce the best ever when he retires, and when that time comes, hopefully he will have been a Kansas City Chief his entire career.

TG didn't actually have to retire, because he was still an effective tight end, and he had developed a great off-season plan for taking care of his body. Right now, Kelce's off-season plan consists of a lot of partying. And Kelce is going to make a lot more money that TG ever did, so he may not have the desire or need to play as long as Tony did.

Tony Gonzalez is the best tight end in the history of the NFL. I hope we can say that about Kelce in the future. And as a side note, those people who believe Gronk is the best ever can just FO.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.