View Single Post
Old 11-03-2020, 10:25 PM   #261
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
For me, this year has absolutely zero to do with it. I don't care what Brady is doing in Tampa nor do I care how bad the Patriots are without him.

QB's drive the NFL.

I've said this for 20 years on CP and I'm not going to change now.

QB's are the cake.

Coaches are the frosting.
I agree that QBs do drive the NFL to a large extent but I'd say you have your analogy ass backwards.

I'd argue Coaches are the cake, providing the foundation and schemes for success and you can get at least a sweet tasting bread from the deal.

That said, a good QB is the frosting that's going to take that sweet tasting bread over the top and make it a delectable dessert. A good QB is going to make a team a contender and give a good foundation the ability to win Super Bowls.

There are plenty of examples of good quarterbacks that don't have good foundations to work with, a case in point would be Matt Ryan. Usually a very good QB with good weapons around him, but the defense and much of the foundation of the rest of the team is always severely lacking. You put Matt Ryan in place of Tom Brady on the Pats all these years and I would say you'd have seen similar success. I'd think Matt Stafford could have had some very good success there, etc.

Tom Brady was a good QB that can put a team over the top. We know how that story goes here in KC with years of good o-lines, good running backs, good defenses, and lacking the QB to get to the finish line. You have to have a good coach, GM, and QB in the NFL. Bill has traditionally been an exceptional coach with the ability to be the GM that put the foundation around his good QB to maintain success. No realistic successor to Brady is killing that team right now, but its not like he doesn't know that.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote