View Single Post
Old 11-02-2020, 10:53 PM   #251
Rookie

I thought this was an interesting admission on BB's part:

Bill Belichick as honest as ever on OMF: 'We sold out and won three Super Bowls'

Bill Belichick was perhaps more open than ever before Monday during his appearance with Ordway, Merloni & Fauria.

The Patriots coach made headlines over the weekend when he said to Charlie Weis on Sirius XM NFL radio that the Patriots were playing more younger players than in the past this season because of a lack of depth that had to do with salary cap limitations.

Belichick was asked about the comments and them potentially being an excuse for the lack of success this season and he said that wasn't the case at all.

“Look, we paid Cam Newton $1 million. I mean it’s obvious we didn’t have any money. It’s nobody’s fault," he said. "That’s what we did the last five years. We sold out and won three Super Bowls, played in a fourth and played in a AFC championship game. This year we had less to work with. It’s not an excuse, it’s just a fact.”

So, was it inevitable that would catch up to the team at some point?

“The structure of the league is the structure of the league. That isn’t going to change," he said.

Belichick was also asked if a lack of success through the draft in past years has played into the number of young players playing this season and he responded following a long pause with: "I don't know."

The Patriots are 2-5 and losers of four straight games, which is the first time that has happened since 2000."
MartinThore is not part of the Right 53.MartinThore is not part of the Right 53.MartinThore is not part of the Right 53.MartinThore is not part of the Right 53.MartinThore is not part of the Right 53.MartinThore is not part of the Right 53.MartinThore is not part of the Right 53.MartinThore is not part of the Right 53.MartinThore is not part of the Right 53.MartinThore is not part of the Right 53.MartinThore is not part of the Right 53.