View Single Post
Old 10-20-2020, 10:30 PM   #11
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Heh. I didn't flat out hate it, but I was majorly disappointed considering the talent involved. It wasn't bad on the level of Dune, or Signs, or Batman and Robin; it was just lazy and lame. Hell, this was as much a rehashing of the original Star Wars as Force Awakens. At least Lucas ripped himself off. Ron Howard had already made some really good movies (Cocoon, Night Shift, Splash) and I was expecting more.

First warning flare of Lucas going to hell, too, although that didn't occur to me at the time.

In fairness, this may also be one of those movies that I would have appreciated more had it come out when I was younger. Had I been 13 instead of 23, it might have enjoyed it. But I wasn't.

And I'm always happy to talk about this stuff with you. You sharing your Hollywood insider stuff is one of the coolest things about this board.
I was pretty young when I saw it. And totally dorked out when I saw it. I think my brother watched it so I thought it was awesome. And my brother (9 years older) was a huuuuuuuge dork.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.