View Single Post
Old 10-03-2020, 06:58 AM   #15617
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
I do not have a handle on the difference, but thats an interesting callout as I'd like to know more.

Based on my limited exposure to andouille, this felt more Italian in its natural blend into a pizza sauce to me. Like a meat sauce without anything granular to differentiate it from a pizza sauce. This could also be this place's particular iteration of it as well (recently opened).

So maybe more Italian spiced, less smoky than andouille? Pure uneducated guess on my part though.
Yeah, researching [lightly] didn't yield anything dispositive. Etymologists say that both terms stem from the same Latin base as our English 'to induce' as in to force together, but food experts as the process for 'nduja may even precede our traditional andouille.

I agree that the spicing probably differs, and probably our American sense of cajun [hot and peppery smoke] andouille is different from traditional French.

But it does look like they are all some variant of finely minced, spiced and cured pork.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.