Thread: Electronics New TV suggestions
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2020, 11:33 AM   #52
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperChief View Post
I should have clarified - I did try the Stick, and it was garbage. But I still have my Gen 1 Fire TV and it works very well. And the Cube is great now, too. I'm glad you've had luck with Roku, but any Roku I've ever used is terrible. Slow, crazy lag, ugly UI. No thanks for me!

I'm looking at this tv now. Seems to fit what I'm looking for. Thoughts?
https://www.nfm.com/samsung-43-class...hd-4k-smart-tv
Avoid Samsung at all cost. Also, that's too much money for a non-UHD TV, especially a TV that small.

It also sounds like you were using very early generation Roku's. I had a stick for a while back in 2016 and agree, it was clunky and lagged.

But the latest generation Roku TV's are so incredibly fast that there's no lag, no delay, no nothing - just a great performance and great picture for very little money.

Also, keep in mind that by choosing an LG or Samsung (do NOT choose Samsung), there's a very real possibility that the apps you use aren't available without a Roku or Amazon Fire.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.