View Single Post
Old 09-25-2020, 02:14 PM   #1824
Time Keeps On Slipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
I don't have a PC and I'm zero-percent invested in the Microsoft ecosystem. I'm going to get a PS5 eventually solely because I'm a guy that likes to sit on my couch in front a 75" screen.

I do think MS an interesting approach. They seem to be straddingly the line between console and streaming and doing it well.

If they play their cards right, they can be an apex gaming company, competing simultaneously with Sony / Nintendo and Stadia / Luna / etc.
Gamepass is not streaming. It's like a subscription model to games. As long as you pay the monthly fee, you get to download and play any game you want in that huge library for as long as you want (I think the streaming is included in this as well, but that's not the core service).

I don't think that service is necessarily for folks like you, who like to own a title and replay it many times through the years but it's definitely a great value for many people.

To me, streaming is still icky at this point. Between the latency issues and weak resolutions and framerates, it's just not ready yet.

That's why I do not see Stadia and Luna succeeding at this point.
Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.