Thread: Football Broncos news megathread
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2020, 10:33 AM   #37503
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
If there are that many bad teams sticking by their young QBs with Lawrence, Fields, and Lance on the board, the Broncos could just trade up, too. Which they might. They might pay out the ass, but they'd still get what they want/need.

I dunno. I guess I really don't care about all these teams who could suck for these QBs. We have the best QB in the NFL, and seriously... I doubt Lawrence is going to be as good as Mahomes. Prime Andrew Luck wasn't as good as Mahomes, either. We've had "can't miss" guys come and go in the draft process. Many of them end up being very very good. Some are busts.

But when you have the best and will continue to have the best for seasons to come, you don't worry about other good QBs in the league. Somebody has to draft these players. It might be the Donks. Or the Raiders. Or the shitbag "Whoops we sucked so hard we got the #1 overall pick!" Colts. This kind of thing got me worried in the before time, but not anymore.

Let the Donks suck for Lawrence. I don't care. We're still gonna piss pound them as long as we have Mahomes. And hell... just look at last year- for that matter we'll still piss pound them as long as we have Matt Moore.
The only thing that concerns me there is the long-term outlook of the divisions and the fact that only 1 team gets a bye now.

The Patriots dominated because their division was dog-shit for 15-20 years and they just cleaned up. They got that bye, they got HFA and they sailed because of it. When they didn't have a bye and/or HFA, they struggled significantly more.

Well the AFC North with an aging Ben, a rudderless Browns team and the Bengals (need I say more?) is clearly on track to be the new AFC East. And if Herbert and an even credible Fields/Lance kind of QB show up in Denver, you have 2 teams w/ quarterbacks who can catch fire in any given week and hang the one L on you that costs you a bye.

When Carr, mediocre as he is, is the worst QB in your division, that's a tough division. It's not tough for a team with Mahomes to win it, but it's tough for that team to dominate it in the fashion the Ravens will be able to do in the North after Ben retires/is washed.

I don't think it fundamentally alters the regular season greatly, but it changes how clean the Chiefs can get into the playoffs and how easy they can make their route to another SB for the next decade or so. It could mean 2-3-4 more seasons over the next 10 without a bye and without HFA in the AFCCG.

I'm not concerned w/ winning 8 more AFC West titles - I wanna figure out how to win 5 more Lombardi's and shut the ****ing Patriot honks up.

Dynamic young QBs all over the division will interfere with that.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.