View Single Post
Old 09-20-2020, 12:07 AM   #1853
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
With the young pitchers coming,I could see Duffy finishing in the pen.

He’s been having velocity drops after 3-4 innings pretty consistently this year. Dropping him down to a one-inning role could make him a late-inning weapon. He would be amenable to the move, I’m sure.

Singer, Bubic, and Keller is a pretty exciting 25-and-under 3/5 of your rotation, especially considering that Lacy and Lynch and Kowar are the higher upside guys in their system and haven’t even made it up yet.

Re: the draft, they’re still picking high and will still have a lot of $$ to spend. They have pretty clearly shifted approaches as an organization and are rating riskier HS arms and HS bats lower than they used to. Ideally you’d see a college bat do a Rendon or Martin-like slide and the Royals to pounce this time.
How is the international group looking? I was looking through MLB's top 30 international prospects and it shows us as most likely landing spot for the #12 prospect a 16 year old SS named Daniel Vasquez. MLB says he has the size of Fernando Tatis Jr. and if he progress normally he could become that player as well. Also getting Manny Machado comparisons. His tools rate out like this

Hit - 55
Run - 55
Field - 55
Power - 50
Arm - 55

He would become our #2 positional player. Hed be a pretty nice get.

Give seen that we should be getting around $6 mil like last year, but Vasquez should only command around $1.5 mil. So who else are we looking at?
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.