View Single Post
Old 09-18-2020, 10:27 AM   #5
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Agreed.

I've always kinda felt like Lewis has been overlooked in historical conversations.

I mean ultimately I don't think he makes the cut or even that he SHOULD, but Lewis is almost certainly one of the best 50 Cornerbacks of all time. You can make an argument to put him in the top 25 if you try hard enough.

His 1989 season is one for the ages (1990 was excellent as well). The list of dudes that reached the peak he reached over that 4 year run from '87-90 and also played at a high level for as long as he did (a quality starter CB from 84-96) is really damn short.

When talking heads discuss guys like Richard Sherman they just call him "Future Hall of Famer Richard Sherman" and that's that. But man, apart from hype, I struggle to say that Sherman has had a demonstrably better career than Lewis had.

And his exploits on special teams are legendary to boot.

Yeah, this is Lewis in a walk. He won't get in and maybe he even shouldn't get in, but he damn sure deserves more credit than he gets.
Richard Sherman made himself a household name, his personality and stand out plays in post season games is what will get him in.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.