View Single Post
Old 09-17-2020, 01:12 PM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Agreed. He was all over the place. But his entire college and pro career has been about accuracy, and a really high level of accuracy. So I wonder if what happened last week was an outlier performance. Everyone has them. I guess we'll see tonight.

My theory, which is based mostly on just my gut, is that he had a little of the 'first game of the season' jitters, combined with not being entirely comfortable with the new scheme, the third one he's had to learn in three years, plus just pressing too hard. He wants to have a big performance; to hit a homerun, on every play. He needs to just take what the defense gives him and be patient. Sooner or later the defense will give him a chance to make a big downfield play. I think he's trying to manufacture something that isn't there.
I think that's a pretty good theory on your part. Maybe he will settle down with more time in the new scheme. It helps that none of the other teams on their schedule this year have such an explosive offense like the Ravens. There's bound to be more pressure on the QB when you feel like your defense has no chance to stop the other team from scoring.

Of course, these things are very fragile. If he has another couple of terrible games, this thing could really avalanche out of control and he won't be able to recover from it.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote