View Single Post
Old 09-15-2020, 09:49 AM   #948
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM08 View Post
I'm aware of that. I think Lamar is a better player right now than he was early in last season. KC defense showed a lot of improvement later in 2019 season. The run defense looked very questionable on Thursday night. Pennel coming back into the lineup against Baltimore is hopefully going to be a huge boost in that regard.
DoD getting a little bit of run was intriguing.

He can be a real useful piece against guys like Jackson and even Tyrod Taylor if he can just be counted on to not **** up.

He doesn't have to make every play, he just can't go out there and blow them. If he can be roughly where he needs to be the majority of the time, he can use his athleticism to fly to the ball and create gang-tackle situations.

And if that's in his toolbox, he can be really difficult for guys like Jackson and Taylor to deal with because he's not a guy they can isolate and embarrass.

I'm not sure someone like Pennel is a huge difference maker against Jackson like he'd be against Derrick Henry. He's not someone who creates pressure up the middle and forces Jackson to commit early. Wharton, OTOH, looked like a guy who could pair with Jones to be dangerous in that regard. If you combine that with DoD's ability to play rover, you can make things awfully tough on a mobile QB who doesn't get the ball to the sidelines terribly well.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.