View Single Post
Old 09-06-2020, 11:00 AM   #164
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
You've just had limited exposure to homeschooling, I can assure you that.

We homeschooled, my oldest daughter graduated top of her class, several full ride offers, all while she worked full time, paid off a brand new car with no help from mom and dad.

She did volunteer work and still found time for friends - she had more people at her graduation than almost all of her pub school friends.

The stereotype you harbor of homeschooling is very, well "1990". It's MUCH more common now - in fact, areligious homeschooling (which is what we did) outnumbers religious homeschooling in many areas of the country.

Our homeschooling group here wields enough power that we openly draw attacks from the school district. We're cutting into their funding. We've essentially built a social network that completely replaces classroom interaction, while giving kids a higher quality education in 1/3 the amount of time.
On my end of things, I don’t intend to speak for Lew, but it takes the right person and probably the right kids to homeschool. It isn’t for everyone and it probably isn’t for the people that are going to pull their kids because of a mask.

Take the right person and the right kids in the right situation and homeschooling can definitely outperform a public school. But that’s not necessarily a given.

JMO.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote