View Single Post
Old 09-05-2020, 09:54 PM   #1702
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry View Post
Last 10 years, Royals have more World Series championships than the Yankees and Dodgers. Same number of World Series appearances as Red Sox, Astros, and Cardinals. And the same number of World Series championships as the two teams that were suppose to be dynasties in Astros and Cubs.
Exactly. Here's the tabulation of pennants and World Series titles for American League pennant winners starting with Dayton Moore's first (partial) season with the Royals, 2006:

Team...Pennants (WS Titles)
Red Sox...3 (3)
Astros......2 (1)
Royals......2 (1)
Rangers...2 (0)
Tigers.....2 (0)
Yankees...1 (1)
Indians...1 (0)
Rays.......1 (0)

We're tied with the Astros for second place in number of pennants, using World Series titles as a tiebreaker.
I'm fine with Dayton Moore. That 2015 Royals team put together the most enjoyable sports season I've ever watched, and I've been rooting for the Royals and Chiefs all my life (born in 1965).
DanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote