View Single Post
Old 08-31-2020, 11:54 AM   #1599
World's Best Boss

THAT'S what the Padres are doing.

Very nice. Super impressed with that org and they are flat out fun to root for right now. Hope they make noise in the playoffs this year.

I feel for the Cleveland fans I know. Padres fans were so bummed about the trade last night that many felt they were out of the running for Clev. Really speaks to the job Preller has done since he initially took over (when he "went" for it like it was MLB the Show). He's fun to watch and from the time being has earned a complete pass from me (which, I'm sure, will mean a lot to him).

Good stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
And I just came across this..hopefully this isn't what we are subject to forever...

GMDM has showed he's not afraid to add pieces to "go for it" when his window is there. His signings may not always work (I.E. Kennedy, Hammel, etc), but you have to admire that he's not going to sit on his hands (like the mid 2010's Pirates and Cleveland). For every move that didn't work, GMDM hit all 7's in 2014 and 2015 and you have to think he'll have even more flexibility to make moves like that now that he presumably won't be blocked by Glass whenever David wanted to cut costs (Glass even stipulated that Zo and Cueto's 2015 salaries had to be covered by A's and Reds for the 2015 trades to work). With a KC ownership group, it's quite possible those restrictions won't be there any longer.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.