Thread: Other Sports Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2020, 09:03 AM   #3329
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by vailpass View Post
Just when I feared I might know what the **** I’m doing.
Thanks man.

Well, again, it comes down to what you are looking for and are comfortable with. I can't get out of my own way when it comes to guns. Ever time I see a "sale" (what a bunch of BS) I am tempted more than usual..

Here's the way I look at things, though..After spending many, MANY years in the military, I tend to have one rule when it comes to buying - I call it the "What if" scenario. In other words, which of my weapons could I rely on (especially ammo) if the SHTF...that is the only reason I bought a AR10. I rely on guns that are already set for NATO ammo.

In other words, I have a Remington 700 (and love it) and a Mauser 7mm (Which I will never part with). I don't do a lot of hunting any longer (just deer for the winter) so they tend to sit around. When I'm in my home in Wyoming I will take them along for long distance shooting to keep these old-assed eyes from hampering me.

Other than that, my weapons are "military definable". AR15, AR10, 9mm, .45 - and so on..the .45 being mainly just for "old times sake". But the most important thing that (for me) is a must have is ammo. Don't EVER let anyone call you crazy, or a nutter or whatever...there is NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH AMMO.

I know too many guys who have 15-25 weapons but don't keep much ammo around....that (to me) is just short-sighted. We are seeing today the problem - with this BS COVID-19 crap. Can't hardly find ANY ammo ANYWHERE.....lesson learned (I hope)
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.