Thread: Other Sports Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2020, 06:51 PM   #3326
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by vailpass View Post
Just when I feared I might know what the **** I’m doing.
Thanks man.
You're welcome.

An AR-10 is the exact same platform as an AR-15, and outside of the increased length of the magwell, is identical in appearance and operates exactly the same. Obviously an AR-10 will kick more, but it won't be the same as the type of .308 that I have.

As I've said before in this thread, I would have been better off with an AR-10 than the M1A. It's much easier to mount optics and other accessories on an AR-10; on the M1A, you have to jump through some hoops. The M1A's iron sights don't really work well with my old man eyes, so I mounted a red dot on it, and for the red dot to line up with my eye correctly, I had to install a cheek riser on the stock. And still, the optic has to be mounted farther forward than I like because of the design of the gun. There are mounting systems specifically designed to overcome this, but the problem is that an ejecting shell can become jammed in it, so it's better to keep that area completely clear.

That being said, it's a great rifle, accurate as hell, and a joy to shoot, although you will feel it the next day.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.