Thread: Movies and TV Must Watch Series
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2020, 07:13 PM   #1024
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
I watched Perry Mason all the time as a kid. Everyone I've spoken with that has also seen the original series were either disappointed with the new HBO series or just couldn't get into it because the original was completely different, especially the way he was portrayed by Matthew Rhys.

I was expecting something more along the lines of Bosch meets LA Confidential meets the Golden Age of Hollywood, but it's really difficult for me to reconcile this 8 episode version of Perry Mason vs. the original Perry Mason that I saw on more than 200 episodes of the original series.

Holy crap, I sound like an old fart. Yeesh.
I guess in retrospect I’m glad I haven’t seen the old Perry masons. Because I’m enjoying the hell out of this. If seeing the old ones would ruin it I guess I’m glad I missed out.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.