Thread: Movies and TV Must Watch Series
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2020, 05:08 PM   #1015
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
I was really looking forward to the finale but I have to say, I was very disappointed with how the story was concluded.

It's common knowledge that Perry Mason only lost one case in his entire career during the original run and since that episode originally aired in the early 60's, I knew that they were "boxed in" and couldn't show a true loss.

Spoiler!

I'm sure I'll watch Season 2 but it's not something I'm anticipating or excited about.

The best hope from Season 2 is that the overall story arc is better written and less predictable (outside the fact that Perry can't lose a case in this series).
I never watched any of the old Perry Mason iterations so maybe The expectations I had aren’t shared by many. I really came in fresh. I was excited because I’m a Rhys fanboy and am a sucker for 30s Hollywood (which it wasn’t).

Regarding Alice,

Spoiler!

Regarding the two mothers

Spoiler!

I’ll fully acknowledge that I’m the least creative dude in the room and other more creative dudes could come up with better endings but it was really good IMO. It would have probably been horrible with meh acting but the performances really sold it for me.

The other thing that really stuck with me was

Spoiler!

I Dunno. Maybe I’m just a simpleton but it hooked me.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.